17 May 2015

Review: The One by Kiera Cass



The One
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: HarperTeen (HarperCollins)
Publication Date: May 6, 2014

Summary:

The time has come for one winner to be crowned. 
When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.


Review:

I still read this book despite my opinions on The Elite because I liked book one so much!  I don't regret reading this- not even a bit- because I enjoyed being in America's world once again. 

The Selection started with thirty-five girls. America's part of the remaining few, but fellow Selected Kriss is getting closer and closer to Maxon. The rebels are getting more aggressive, but that's not really related to the love story.

I'm very satisfied because almost everything that I wanted to happen in this series happened here. Celeste finally stopped being so bratty, my questions about the rebels were answered, and the king also stopped being such a jerk because something very significant happened. (Highlight the text between the markers to view spoilers)
THE KING DIED. Yes he did.

As the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose-and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.
Okay, I kind of disagree with that part. I mean, the rebels in this series are the best rebels ever. They produce Maxerica time!

“Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.” "Shhh," I urged.“I'll love you until my very last breath. Every beat of my heart is yours. I don't want to die without you knowing that.”
This isn't happily ever after. It's so much more than that. 
 The lines in The One- so great. Seriously, this book is so swoon-worthy. I even kicked walls while reading this! And Maxon's letters makes me want to have my own Maxon!

The last parts of the book were the best. I cried a little, and the hangover was soooo long.

RATING: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will!