16 May 2015

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass



The Elite
Author: Kiera Cass
Publisher: HarperTeen (HarperCollins)
Pulication Date: April 23, 2013

Goodreads Summary:

The Selection began with thirty-five girls.

Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip awa
y.


Review:

This is the book two for The Selection series. Click here to see my thoughts on book one.

I loved book one, but I'm kind of disappointed with this one. I felt like this was just written to stretch the Maxon-America-Aspen story into a trilogy.


The Selected have been narrowed down from thirty-five to six. Aspen became a castle guard, and Maxon doesn't know it. Maxon wants America, but she doubts she can handle the responsibilities. 

My narration of the plot was rough, yes. But believe me, there's not much in The Elite. It basically revolved around America choosing and being stubborn and the Ones trying to solve rebel issues. The pace was slow too.

Reading book one, the love triangle wasn't as annoying because it was obvious that it was going to be Maxon (and I'm team Maxon, by the way). But this book. This book was full of America trying to choose between Aspen and Maxon. I disliked the excessive emphasis on the love triangle. 

I disliked how she looked like she thinks she's the one holding the Selection. Maxon's the one choosing here, okay? She won't forgive Maxon for kissing Celeste, but dude, she kisses Aspen too! Ugh. And Maxon. He eliminated a girl for saying something bad about America, but he won't eliminate Celeste (but I still like Maxon). I felt like America didn't even develop. It's like she-- how do you say this-- turned into something worse.

The rebels weren't really threats. I mean, I love the rebels in The Elite. The people end up hiding, and Maxerica time pops up! (YAY)

I don't really hate this book. I was annoyed most of the time, but at least it didn't get me bored. I still wanted to read The One after. 


RATING: 2.75/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will!