18 July 2015

Blogger Interview: Erin from The Hardcover Lover



So... Erin. She's one of my first blogging friends, she runs a blog with a cute design, and she's awesome.

And hey, my name's Erin too! :D



Personal Questions



Favorite food?

Buffalo Chicken

Favorite color?

Pink

Favorite flower?

Orchid

Favorite song?
I don’t have one. 

Favorite TV show?

Friends and Gilmore Girls

Favorite place to read and/or blog?
My bedroom

Favorite book? 
Just one? That’s too difficult of a choice!


Blogging Questions



Who are you when you’re blogging? 
Right now… I’m not really sure. I used to be so relaxed when I was blogging, but lately, I’ve been feeling like it’s more complex than it used to be.

Who are you when you’re not blogging?

I’m just Erin – the reader, the teacher, the babysitter. 

Which do you prefer more?
I’m not sure. I don’t really see myself split into two different people, so I guess I don’t really prefer one version of myself over the other.

What drives you to blog more?
I really have no idea. Lately, I’ve been in a slump, and have been cutting back on blogging.

5. How do you see yourself in the blogosphere?
I don’t really see myself as part of the “in-crowd,” but I do have a lot of great blogging buddies that I can talk to on a daily basis. 

Are you a perfectionist when it comes to your blog?
Kind of, but not really. I want the content to be perfect, but I am not great with graphics, so I let those slide a little bit.

Do you like making outlines when you blog, or do you prefer to start from scratch and work your way from there?
I keep track of ARCs in a planner so I know when to post my reviews. I do a little drafting for reviews in a review notebook, but usually everything is from scratch. I feel like it’s more authentic that way.

How much do your followers mean to you?
I love my followers. I don’t care if I don’t have many because I know that the ones that I have enjoy my blog, and that’s all that matters to me.

What is the best blogging advice that you could share with us? 
Find your strengths and stick with them. Don’t try to copy someone else just because you think it will get you more attention from other bloggers or publishers. You need to have a unique and authentic voice in the blogosphere, so find it and use it.


Topic Questions



How would you define book discrimination?
Book discrimination can really be anything-  banning books, not allowing your children to read books, not reading a book because the main character is a different race, etc.

How do you feel about it?
I’m okay with parents not allowing children to read certain things at certain ages due to content, but otherwise, I think everyone should be entitled to read what they want.

What do you think is the cause of book discrimination?
It all depends. It could be schools, governments, parents – anyone really. 



You can visit Erin's blog here




1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for The Bloggers Recognition Award over on my blog :D Here's the post : http://www.beyondthebookreviews.blogspot.ca/2015/07/the-blogger-recognition-awards.html

    LL <3

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will!